Position start date: As soon as possible | Full-time, days, evenings and weekends | Employment status: Permanent | Shift: Day, evening and weekend
As Assistant Manager of the Grocery Department, you’ll be responsible for helping the department manager with managing purchases, the department’s operations, your team and customer service as well as optimizing sales.
Are you interested in the food industry? Are you known for your leadership? Mayrand is currently looking for a passionate Assistant Manager who is committed to their work and up to the task of developing this department and its team.
Your other tasks will be to:
- Work with the department manager to stock the department and market its products so as to comply with operational and marketing standards
- Contribute to the proper functioning of inventory control and the department’s operations in order to efficiently drive sales
- Prioritize and supervise teamwork on a daily basis
- Manage loss prevention and product quality while maintaining the right level of inventory
- Check prices and ensure compliance with price structures
- See to the department’s general cleanliness (maintenance of equipment, displays and work area)
Join the Mayrand team, recognized for its in-depth knowledge and quality marketing. You’ll be welcomed by a group that enjoys sharing with other team members and innovating with new quality products and innovative projects.
Necessary qualifications and skills:
- Hold a Secondary 5 diploma or the equivalent
- Have 1 or 2 years’ experience managing a groceries department or in the retail food business
- Good knowledge and fluency in French in oral and written
- Have management experience (important asset)
- Be well organized
- Initiative and autonomy
- Focused on results
- Have a sense of merchandising
- Team spirit
Why work at Mayrand?
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- A growing Québec company, established in 1914
- Advantageous working conditions and group insurance
- Employee discount
- Career advancement opportunities
Email your resume to email@example.com.