Starting date: As soon as possible | Work schedule: Full-time | Employment status: Permanent
Reporting to the IT Director, the network administrator will be responsible for providing support (training) to users on handling different equipment or software and identifying issues, in order to optimize network management. computer science. You will be part of a dynamic team and a very beautiful Quebec company in the growing food sector.
Your tasks will consist mainly of:
- Install, test and update IT equipment (computers, servers, peripherals, programs, and software)
- Ensure maintenance, administration, monitoring, and security of equipment
- Diagnose and deal with incidents (tickets)
- Manage user accounts and access
- Manage and monitor backup and archiving systems
- Maintain a recovery plan in the event of a disaster
- Write and keep up to date all technical documentation relating to IT infrastructure and IT department operating procedures.
- Maintain the firmware of the various components connected to the network infrastructure
- Keep client stations and servers up to date
- Evaluate the purchase of new software, hardware, and T.I services.
- Participate in various IT projects with a technical flavor
- Provide an assessment of the work to be done and meet deadlines
- Analyze production problems and take corrective actions
- Follow the evolution of technologies and apply knowledge to evolve the company to the latest trends in the industry.
- Ensure good communication with other team members.
- See to support during emergency calls outside working hours
Skills required :
- Hold a Diploma (DEC) or attestation (AEC) of college studies in computer science, network management option
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar job
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, VMware, Veeam systems
- Excellent knowledge of network equipment management such as routers, firewalls, switches, and wireless access points
- Excellent knowledge of business productivity and collaboration products such as Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge of network surveillance management systems (eg Zabbix, Nagios)
- Experience in managing a computer park including workstations, mobile devices, printers, telephones and other equipment made available to users
- Good knowledge of security
- Basic knowledge of IP telephony in cloud services will be assets
- Knowledge of configuration management systems would be an asset (eg Ansible, Puppet)
- Demonstrate an ability to research information, and ability to adapt (openness to change)
- Be conscientious, organized, autonomous
- Analytical skills and exercise critical judgment in all situations
- Oriented towards problem-solving and easy to raise major issues to his supervisor
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills (listening skills, tact and diplomacy), demonstrate a high concern for wanting to serve their customers well (the customer experience)
- French (spoken and written); Functional English (spoken and written).
Why work at Mayrand?
- Welcoming and dynamic work environment
- Location in Anjou, easily accessible by means of transport
- Established since 1914 and growing
- Favorable working conditions
- Employee discount
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 514 774 2475 (cell)